Child Height Predictor Calculator
Estimate The Adult Height Of Your Kids Baby Toddler Or Teen
Was this useful to you? Help others and share.
Note, this calculator or tool provides an estimate of how tall a child will be as an adult. It might not be 100% accurate for all cases. Height depends on many factors such as genetics, nutrition, environment and health. A doctor or pediatrician should be consulted if you believe your child is too short or tall.
This app estimates or predicts the future adult height of a child, toddler, baby or teen based on two methods. The method selected depends on age. For children below the age of four, the calculator uses the Mid-Parent rule. For children above the age of four, the predictions are based on the Khamis-Roche Method. In addition, the calculator estimates the length the child has left to grow.
The Mid-Parent Rule is a simple formula to calculate adult height. It is based solely on the height of the parents and the child's gender. The height of the opposite gender parent is adjusted or multiplied by a factor. For fathers, the factor is 12/13. For mothers, the factor is 12/13. The adjusted factor is averaged with the other non-adjusted parent to solve the projected adult height.
The Khamis-Roche method is valid for children above the age of four. It uses age, gender, child height and weight, mother height and father height. It uses a table of scaling factors and equations based on age for the prediction. It is considered an accurate predictor. The Bone-Age method is the only procedure which is more accurate than the Khamis-Roche Method. However, the Bone-Age method requires an x-ray. For more information, see the reference.
- Select Units
- ft in lb - Standard units for foot, inch and US pound.
- cm kg - Metric units for centimeter and kilogram
- Select Gender - Choose male for boys and female for girls.
- Child's Birthday - Enter the date your son or daughter was born. Note, this is used to determine which method is used for calculations.
- Child's Height - The current measured height of the child. Note, this is only used to determine the additional growth of the child when using the Mid-Parent Rule.
- Child's Weight - The current weight of the child. Note, this is not used when using the Mid-Parental Rule.
- Mother's Height - The current height of the mother.
- Father's Height - The current height of the father.
- Predicted Height - The estimated height when the child reaches adulthood or full height.
- Additional Growth - The length the child has remaining to grow.
- Current Age - The age of the child in years.
- Method - The method used for prediction (Mid-Parent Rule or Khamis-Roche Method).
- Graph Plot - Shows the child's current height and additional growth and the height of the parents.
- Gray, Horace. "Prediction of Adult Stature". Child Development Volume 19 Number 3. 3 September 1948. Society for Research in Child Development.
- Khamis, Harry J and Roche, Alex F. "Predicting Adult Stature Without Using Skeletal Age: The Khamis-Roche Method". Pediatrics. October 1994. American Academy of Pediatrics.
Child Height Predictor:
CDC Recommended Growth Charts:
The United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends using the World Health Organization (WHO) charts for the first two year of life (0 to 2 years). After two years, it is recommended to return to the CDC charts.
CDC Growth Charts:
WHO Growth Charts:
Chinese Growth Charts:
Preterm Infant Growth Charts:
Use this calculator at your own risk. This calculator may or may not be accurate or reliable. By using this calculator you acknowledge any reliance on this calculator shall be at your sole risk.
AJ Design Software
Technical Tools, Specifications, How to Guides, Training, Applications, Examples, Tutorials, Reviews, Answers, Test Review Resources, Analysis, Homework Solutions, Help, Data and Information for Engineers, Technicians, Teachers, Tutors, Researchers, K-12 Education, College and High School Students, Science Fair Projects and Scientists